How often do you sit down in your practice waiting room or reception area, and take stock of what your patients experience each time they pay you a visit? We dare you to arrive at the office 15 minutes earlier than usual and take a moment to sit down in your reception area. Put yourself in the shoes of a patient. What does your reception area say about YOU? Does it showcase your academic background, your surgical skills and medical talent? Remember you only have one chance to make a FIRST impression.
• What do you see?
• How comfortable is the environment?
• Is it clean?
• Are there educational materials about you?
• Does it project first-class service and medical expertise?
• Is there video streaming your messages? Or the services you provide?
• Ask yourself: “If I was a patient, is this the kind of place where I would want and choose to spend MY money?”